Where we buy from
Becoming a supplier for METRO SOURCING
Our goal is to deliver outstanding products to our customers. By becoming a METRO SOURCING supplier, you can help us achieve this mission. You will become part of a team that offers environmentally friendly, socially responsible quality products to our customers. Your goods may be sold in our vast network of over 2,000 stores in 30 countries.
If you have an innovative product fulfilling our 3 basic requirements, please submit your profile via our solution METRO Buying System (MBS) or send us an email. We will direct you to the right contact.
Contact for supplier enquiry:
Requirements towards our suppliers
1. Socially Compliant Factories
- BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative) is our first priority
- If a supplier / factory has a valid report of BSCI equivalent standard mentioned below we will accept the waiver of BSCI audit (Depends on product)
- SA 8000
2. Quality Standard
- Supplier should Comply with testing standard for intended selling countries , such like Europe.
- Certificates/test reports should be provided by the supplier and issued by international laboratories such as TÜV, SGS, ITS, BV, etc. The following requirements are some examples but, depending on the product, not limited to these.
- Reach 209 SVHC
3. Controlled Inspection
- Inline inspection program based on risk assessment
- 100% finished in production and 100% packed into cartons
- Inspection standard:
- AQL 2.5 Major/4.0 Minor